Recording payment milestones

Tyler Andrews May 19, 2013

I understand that you can change the importance of a task, between critical, blocker, and so on. However, for my company, payments are made after certain tasks are completed. Is there a way to indicate where payment milestones are in Greenhopper?

4 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Matt Schenck
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 20, 2013

Have you considered making the tasks that are billable their own issue type? You can modify the workflow for a "billable task" to include a billing status, and even incorporate a column on your Board for that view.

0 votes
James Strangeway
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 30, 2013

Could you change your workflow configuration? Assuming payment tracking needs to be tracked at the overall status level. Add columns to your board to track the payments.

0 votes
Matt Schenck
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 30, 2013

As of right now, there is no way to display custom fields on the cards on your Work board, without clicking into the Issue Detail View. To creat the custom field, and associate it with a screen, first [add a custom field](https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Adding+a+Custom+Field) and then associate that field with the proper screens in your project.

0 votes
Timothy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 19, 2013

What are "payments"? Money transfter to your organization after issues are resolved? Have you considered capturing this information in a custom field?

Tyler Andrews May 19, 2013

Yes, money transfers to my organization after issues have been resolved. How would I create such a custom field? And would this be visible in the 'work' section without actually clicking on the issue itself?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events