The recent UI updates have resulted in a number of usability issues with our JIRA/Confluence. Below is a brief description of some of the problems identified to date:
1) when attempting to access JIRA from a tried and true bookmark the resulting page now states that "The login form has moved", and you are forced to click on a login icon to jump to the login page that was previously accessible directly. It would seem prudent to just jump straight to the new login page rather than throw up the 'moved' page.
2) once at the new login page the "Remember me" check box is always checked. If it is unchecked and you login and then later logout and in again you will find this checkbox defaulting to checked again (your preference is not remembered). It would be safer and IMHO preferred if the default was to have the "Remember me" Unchecked by default.
3)The previously available auto linking between our JIRA projects and their associated Wiki pages has been broken. If we try to jump from a JIRA issue within a project to its associated Wiki pages we now get directed to the Wiki Dashboard rather than to the project's wiki page. This can be very irritating, especially considering that it worked perfectly before the update to the UI.
Is there a setting that needs to be implemented so as to return the JIRA/Wiki linkages to their previous linked state?
4)Whilst talking about the Wiki I'll raise a small yet frustrating interface issue. When the Wiki Dashboard contains a long list of pages/links under the "Global Spaces" heading, it will display a line like "Showing 20 of 35 (View all)". If you click the "View all" link it will take you to a new page that will list 24 of the "Global Spaces" followed by links to the 'Next' page. It would make sense for 'view all' to actually display all the spaces on one page.
If there is a setting to address this, it would be appreciated if someone could provide the details.
In a nut shell, the new UI feels to be a step backwards from a usability standpoint. Let's hope that some or all of these issues can be addressed with minimal fuss in a future UI update.
Thanks for taking the time to provide such detailed feedback. The best place to create of vote for new feature requests or improvements is the OnDemand public tracker on jira.atlassian.com. For requests that are product specific, we will move it to the appropriate project for you. Votes and comments on feature/improvement requests is one of the ways we determine priority in our planning process.
To each of your points:
1. To link directly to the new login page, use: https://yourinstance.atlassian.net/login. This will be bypassed if you're already
2. 'Remember me' is checked by default at the moment because it's the predominant use case. Maintaining a user's previous 'Remember me' setting (remembering remember me) as a default could work - please file an improvement request on jira.atlassian.com in the Atlassian OnDemand project. Why does 'Remember me' as a default not work well for your use case? Do you access OnDemand from a number of different machines, or for some other reason?
3. Linking between entities in the same project is still there, it's just moved. A description of that can be found here, scroll down to the section entitled: Switching between applications within a project.
4. I was not able to find an existing issue in Confluence's public tracker (also on jira.atlassian.com) for this one, I recommend filing one. It seems to me that this doesn't work well for your case because the total number of spaces is higher than what fits on one page but not high enough to 'justify' pagination. The extra click for page two is thus irritating because there isn't an entire second page worth of information. Do you want it to display all regardless of the number of spaces, or not paginate until there are at least 3 pages of spaces?
Please let me know if you have further questions, or if I can clarify anything.
Product Manager, OnDemand
You'll also see many other frustrations documented here: https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/AOD/Atlassian+OnDemand+release+summary
Although Douglas mentions to log your cases and they will be moved the appropriate project; my experience has been a response stating that it is not specific to OnDemand, they move it to the project, but, then ask that you create an account and log such issues directly with the product. My only request is that they offer the links in the UI since we only have one such link for logging support issues.
I do feel your pain. We have found a few critical bugs and my users are lost and frustrated. I was so successful at getting users to adopt the product, but the lack of cross product search, history, and especially product specific custom tabs has killed the momentum and caused nothing but negativity regarding the solution right now.
Atlassian Summit is an excellent opportunity for in-person support, training, and networking.Learn more
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!Find a group
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!
Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.Start an AUG