I have developed a service which does re indexing all issues in the background.
I use JIRA 5.0.3 .
Get al issues from the project and do this one by one...
Code - issueIndexManager.reIndex(currentIssue);
I have also seen that there many api's in Jira to re index.
I have some following questions-
1.Any better API to re index all issues in JIRA.
2.How is doing re indexing different from doing re-indexing from the system.
3.Is there nay way i can remove the banner which ask for re indexing after i finish reindexing from my service?
4. Do i need to restart after finishing re indexing from my service?
5. How is this" issueIndexManager.reIndex(currentIssue);" different from "issueIndexManager.reIndexAll()"
which one of the above approach is better?
1. No, that's the best one
2. The standard re-index that takes Jira offline while it runs does two things - first, it clears the index, then it indexes each issue in the database.
The difference between what you are doing and what that does is the delete. This removes orphaned index records, which is something your process does not. (Imagine a case where you are in the middle of deleting an issue and Jira is killed. You'll have a set of index records for that issue, but nothing in the database. Reindexing the project will not remove the index records)
3. The service is your code, I'm not sure why you added a banner to it!
4. No, you're fine
5. reIndexAll is a call that says "read each issue and call reIndex(currentIssue)
Out of curiosity, I'd ask why you've done this? Why not just upgrade to Jira 5.2?
Thanks for the answers!!!
3. The banner comes up by default when any one make changes in config custom fields.I dont added it.
I have issues with JIRA 5.2 Greenhopper board i.e using rapid Board as -
· Sprints are no more reflected in versions – no migration provided.
Our plugins were largely depended on this concept since the migration is not supported we cant upgrade now.
Ah, yes, that's a bit of a blocker for a lot of people looking at 5.2
I misunderstood the "please reindex" banner question - I thought you were talking about the reindex process itself, not the (unrelated) banner that suggests you re-index after config changes. That banner is a pain in the neck, because it pops up on even the most minor change which really does NOT need reindexing.
I killed it completely to be honest. /includes/admin/admin-info-notifications.jsp can be tweaked to ignore it. Sadly, it's a simple boolean flag that is obviously being set too frequently.
Atlassian Summit is an excellent opportunity for in-person support, training, and networking.Learn more
Hey everyone! My name is Natalie and I'm an editor of the Atlassian Blog and I've got a question for you: What's your favorite quote about teamwork? We've compiled a list here, along with...
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!Find a group
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!
Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.Start an AUG
You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs