Rapid Board vs Task Board for Scrum

Anthony Daga July 3, 2012

We are having trouble with the Rapid Board in Work mode (for Scrum). We are able to drag-n-drop tasks from To Do to In Progress column in task mode, but not in rapid board work mode (which is our preference). I've searched your forums, but unclear on the status of the Rapid Board. To summarize, it seems that Rapid Board is the future of Greenhopper, and essentially Task Board would be deprecated. But I'm unclear on what's there now and the preferred usage.

Also, the filters at the top of Task Board is by Project/Version/Assignee, where as Rapid Board is much more flexible (by filter). So that is why we prefer the Rapid Board work mode as our SCRUM Board, because the Task Board forces us to use/classify using version, which we don't need to use early in the project. But the Rapid Board doesn't work when we drag-n-drop. For example, the task that I try to move to the In Progress column disappears. And if we use Task Board, there is a bunch of stories added to the board that is not part of that Sprint.

We've been using AgileWrap for the last 4 months. I personally have used Greenhopper for another company last year. But at the moment, we are unclear on usage of a working SCRUM BOARD where we do not put Stories into versions (i.e. they are all kept under unscheduled at this early stage of the project).

PS: For reference, you can access our account and we are on Sprint 6. We have a single backlog per project (in this case, Ample project. We use the Rapid Board in plan mode with the Sprint marker to choose which stories go into a sprint. Put in Story point estimates, and track turndown by time. We use a Scrum Board (whether Rapid Board work mode or Task Board). But we need only the stories and their subtasks on that board. Also, those stories should be removed from the project backlog (which it seems to do fine).

Thanks,

Anthony Daga

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Colin Goudie
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 3, 2012

Not 100% sure but possibly rapid board doesn't do the auto assign when you drag so you don't have permission to move an issue 'in progress' if you aren't assigned first?

Anthony Daga October 9, 2012

This question is no longer applicable, as we are now using the much improved Rapid Board exclusively.

0 votes
Anthony Daga October 9, 2012

This question is no longer applicable, as we are now using the much improved Rapid Board exclusively.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events