Rapid Board for JIRA 6

Has the Rapid Board Option been removed for JIRA 6?

6 answers

This widget could not be displayed.

I was earlier using 5.1 where Planning, Chart & Task & Rapid Boards were avaialable. I am unable to see that option in the new version

No, they're still there.

However, they are not (and never have been) part of Jira, they are provided by the Greenhopper plugin. Have you got all of that installed and enabled?

yes I have the GreenHopper Plugin installed but am able to see only Recent boards, manage boards, Geeting started & Classic option in the Agile menu.

I was earlier using 5.1 where Planning, Chart & Task & Rapid Boards were avaialable. I am unable to see that option in the new version.

Atlassian JIRA
(v6.0.6#6105)

GreenHopper Version: 6.2.5.1

Version 5 doesn't have those options on the Agile menu either, so I'm a little confused as to where you're looking. It may be you had a plugin or config tweak which added direct links to those menus?

yes I have the GreenHopper Plugin installed but am able to see only Recent boards, manage boards, Geeting started & Classic option in the Agile menu.

Ah, that's it - you have an older version of Greenhopper installed. Those menu items move in under "classic" in later versions of Greenhopper. Could you see what you get when you click classic in your new system? (I expect it to take you directly to one view, and you'll be able to change to the others with a drop down under the project key)

Yes. But the burndown is available for timetracking only. I am unable to see it for Story Points. Can I have this older version of GreenHopper with new JIRA version 6?

I don't know. You haven't said which version of Greenhopper you are on. I suspect the answer is probably "no". You should be able to check at https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/AGILE/Supported+Platforms

GreenHopper Version: 6.2.5.1

Sorry, I was making two different points there.

The first one is that you hadn't mentioned which GH you were on. That's not too important now we know you're looking at a moderately old one and a new one.

The second was about compatibility. I don't believe the version that has all the old "classic" stuff as the main features is compatible with any version of Jira above 5.1. I'm afraid your choices are pretty much "don't upgrade Jira" or "accept that the classic boards have moved, and in a later version, will go completely"

PFA the screeshot for the same.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted Thursday in United States

Local Atlassian Research Workshop opportunity on Sep. 28th

We're looking for participants for another workshop at Atlassian! We need Jira admins who have interesting custom workflows, issue views, or boards. Think you have a story to sh...

35 views 0 0
View post

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you