Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RSS Feed in Confluence (OnDemand)

John Guerra October 7, 2012

Is there any way to add an RSS feed to a conflunce page? In this case, we are trying to add RSS feeds from our Diigo account (bookmarking app).

We did it before when we were using a downloaded version. Now we are OnDemand. This seems to tell me no - https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/DOC/RSS+Feed+Macro, but maybe there is a work around. We hope.

1 answer

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Harry Chan
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 7, 2012

Hi, RSS has been disabled due to security concerns. Refer to https://answers.atlassian.com/questions/47923/request-to-turn-on-rss-feed-macro for a full explanation.

You'll need a download / hosted version of Confluence other than OnDemand to do this.

John Guerra October 14, 2012

Can you show me some documentation on what the securitey risk is. Would that risk be any less or diffrent if I was using the Macro on the "download / hosted version"?

Harry Chan
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 14, 2012

"My opinion" -- this has to do with the support overhead, debugging man hours etc more so than simply a security risk. This is why all html in many places have been disabled. The OnDemand platform is used by the common user and they can easily not know what they are doing and break stuff.

If you do know what you are doing, it might be ok. That's all. However, Atlassian would have a hard time if something happens say and have resolve it all.

The download / hosted versions are for more advanced users.

Felipe Cuozzo
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 12, 2012

Hi all,

FYI:

We would love to have an alternative for that but in the mean time for the sake of security it will remain disabled in the OnDemand offering, as Harry mentioned you can have this if you host your own Confluene instalation but then you will also have all the extra burden of maintaining it. Our offering is able to keep it's low prices due to the economy of scale not having to support this tricky/gray areas were a lot of troubleshooting is needed.

Cheers,
Felipe Cuozzo
OnDemand Team

Edit: removed protected links, they basically explain some of the attack vectors.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events