Quick questions for BigPicture

Grace Mary January 15, 2016

Hi,

I had a couple of quick questions regarding the Gantt chart option on the bigpicture add-on.

I. Currently we have multiple subtasks for tasks on JIRA. When I imported tasks from 2 projects using query, the tasks were imported but the subtasks weren’t. Can the subtasks only be created manually?

II.  Currently we have custom field due date on JIRA. The Gantt chart is not picking those task’s custom field due dates, how do it get fixed? Also, what is the default start date for the tasks I imported via jql query.

2 answers

0 votes
Joshua Atkins February 29, 2016

@Matthew Jagiello: Our due field is also a custom field, but a Due time field including Date and Time. In Gantt Configuration, I don't see our custom field in the Task end field dropdown. How to fix?

Matthew Jagiello
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 28, 2016

Hi,

If you don't see a field in the dropdown, this usually means that a given field is not yet supported. In the case of date and time, this is most likely because the tool does not have an hourly scale yet, so positioning the tasks based on time would be tricky or impossible. I think this particular field comes from the JIRA Misc Custom Fields plugin, in which case it will be implemented: https://softwareplant.com/jira/browse/BIGPICTURE-631

0 votes
Matthew Jagiello
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 15, 2016

Subtasks are imported as such when they have the type "Subtask" in JIRA. If you can't see them, I suggest going to your Program's list, clicking the gear icon next to the Program, and selecting Configuration. Then go to the Synchronization tab, scroll down and make sure the Subtask WBS is active.

The parent tasks should have small "+ icons next to them on the chart, click them to expand and show the subtasks.

As for the second batch of your questions, the answer is under JIRA administration->Add Ons->Gantt Configuration. In order for the chart to pick your custom field, you need to map it there (as the task end date, most likely). Under the task start date field, you can check which value is currently being used to determine the task's start date and change it if needed.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events