Question on priority level

Prasad June 29, 2012

Hi,

we want to have new priority level called "Final Priority" and only FEW USERS can change the ticket to "Final Priority" level .
Other users will have access to change the ticket to other prioriy levels except "Final Priority"

Thanks in advance

1 answer

0 votes
Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 29, 2012

This cannot be achieved with config. The best solution seems to be editing the velocity template for priority!

Prasad June 29, 2012

Thanks for the reply.

I need this new change only on 2 project, other projects should work in the normal way. if i make any changes to velocity template does the change reflect to all the projects?

Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 29, 2012

It will but you can add conditional statements in the velocity template where you can make the changes effective only for those 2 projects.

Prasad June 30, 2012

Can you please send me details about velocity template. I want to know where this file is located and where i should make the change in this template.

Norman Abramovitz
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 30, 2012

The file will be WEB-INF/classes/templates/jira/issue/field/priority-edit.vm and I would look here to figure out the correct changes that needs to be written.

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA041/Modifying+JIRA+Templates+and+JSPs

Suggest an answer