Question about user group in Jira

HP November 19, 2012

Hi Support,

Could you advise what the different between the group: jira-superuser and jira-administrator? Thanks.

I tried to search but not get a clear picture.

Hooi Peng

5 answers

0 votes
C_ Faysal
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 19, 2012
your welcome. please accept helpful answers :)
0 votes
HP November 19, 2012

thanks!

0 votes
C_ Faysal
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 19, 2012

hello

where you got this group: jira-superuser from. it is not a default group i guess.

afaik default groups are jira-users, jira-developers & jira-administrators

there is a documentation availabe about how to set up jira-system-administrators and configure global permission to access trimmed admin operations

0 votes
Theinvisibleman
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 19, 2012

Hi Hooi Peng,

Atlassian Support is actually located at this website : support.atlassian.com.

As for your question, I don't think the group jira-superuser is a default group in JIRA. It should only be jira-user, jira-developer and jira-administrator. Please check if this group was created by some of the admins.

Cheers,

Joe

Andy Brook [Plugin People]
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 19, 2012

Yea, I interpreted that as the JIRA System Administrator role vs JIRA Administrator...

0 votes
Andy Brook [Plugin People]
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 19, 2012

Hi Hooi Peng,

We aren't Atlassian support, just other users!

The different between the groups is covered @ https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Managing+Global+Permissions

Suggest an answer