Query for issues from different projects blocks users

Tom Whiteley November 23, 2017

Hi there,

I am trying to change my Kanban board filter to pull in some issues from other projects. My original query was:

project = FR ORDER BY Rank ASC

My query now is:

project = FR OR labels = blue-team ORDER BY Rank ASC

So I'm basically also wanting to pull in any other issue in my organisation that has the label "blue-team" into the board.

When I do this it seems to work well for me (as the administrator) however suddenly no other users are able to see the board.

Does anyone know how I can give people permission?! I have even tried giving all jira-software-users (group that everyone is in) project level administrator access, however this doesn't seem to make a difference.

Alternatively, how can I find a different way to pull tickets in from different projects?

Thanks,

Tom

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Alexey Matveev
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 23, 2017

Hello,

Make sure that the filter which is used for the board is shared with the required users.

You can read more here

https://confluence.atlassian.com/agile/jira-agile-resources/jira-agile-faq/how-to-restrict-the-access-to-jira-agile-scrum-board

Tom Whiteley November 24, 2017

Yes! Filter shares, I hadn't spotted that in Board Settings. Thanks!

Suggest an answer