QUERY FOR FIX VERSION

Manish Gupta November 27, 2016

My FIX versions (multiple range upto 20-30 or more) have multiple values. But Some part of the FIX Version is Static and Unique. Do we have a query to pull list of stories assigned to FIX Version (that has part of this static or unique value) - e.g.

Say I have 2 FIX versions - 

ABC2017-15JAN-CYCLE-101-ALL 

ABC2017-20JAN-CYCLE-105-ALL

Now can we run a query to pull all the stories aligned to these FIX Versions by matching part of its values like 'ABC2017' & JAN-CYCLE-  ?

Please advice, else the dashboard cannot pull all the stories and we will end up updating the query multiple time - each time a new cycle is raised.

Thanks,

Manish Gupta

1 answer

0 votes
Sam Hall
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 27, 2016

Hi Manish,

You can have a look at the supported operators for fix version, which shows that the CONTAINS (~) operator is unsupported:

So I think what you want isn't possible in standard JQL, without creating your own custom JQL function or using an add-on.

One question: do you mark your fix versions as "released"  when a a cycle is complete? If you do, maybe you could use:

fixVersion in unreleasedVersions()

This might make your dashboard show only those in the open cycle, without the need for query update.

Sam

Suggest an answer