Q0001: Audit plugin for Confluence.

Nikhil Naoghare January 9, 2012

Q0001: If there is any sort of plugin available that facilitates Audit logs(Change History) over Confluence? Please include 3rd party vendor's plugins as well against my query.

5 answers

1 vote
PeterKoczan
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 30, 2012

There is no native functionality in Confluence, neither a plugin I could think of that could 100% cover all the needs to comply with regulatory requirements (I suspect this to be the source of requirement).

For such needs, I usually suggest to use database level auditing, like Oracle offers the functionality of audit trail, where you are able to precisely log all changes on a DB level. Of course still this data have to be processed afterwards.

0 votes
Alex Kaufman _Enhancera_ October 27, 2015

We are happy to announce that we have released an add-on that adds administration audit trail capability to Atlassian Confluence.

The add-on is available at https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/com.enhancera.auditor.confauditor for your evaluation.

Auditor for Confluence add-on functionality and user interface are similar to the recently added JIRA audit log feature.

For each administrative event the following information is stored in the log:

• Time of the event
  • Admin user name
  • IP address
  • Event category
  • Change summary
  • Changed object
  • Extra operation details

A non-exhaustive list of the actions that are tracked:

• User added, deleted, edited, invited
  • User's password changed
  • User's group membership changed
  • Space added, deleted, modified
  • Global or space permissions changed
  • Global or space look and feel settings changed
  • Add-on installed, uninstalled, enabled or disabled
  • Mail settings changed
  • Security settings changed
  • Other global settings changed
  • Administrative action (backup, reindex, cache flush, logging change) performed

We believe that with our experience in the field (we brought JIRA Auditor add-on to market when audit trail was not yet a standard JIRA feature), we are providing you with a high-quality tool that will greatly help in your day-to-day Confluence administration.

The add-on has been released just now, and we plan to take any user feedback seriously and add missing features quickly. Your opinion is very important to us.

0 votes
Jeffrey Shank October 29, 2012

I have a similar need, although mine is specific to administrator functions. Ideally I need to know who (which admin) changed which configuration item from what old value to what new value. This includes project permissions, global templates, and application configuration (security, attachement, backups, etc.).

0 votes
Brendan Patterson
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 20, 2012

Could you provide some more specifics? Change history of what kinds of content and features - everything? Pages, attachments, blogs, comments, plugins, hierarchies, permissions, labels, metadata.....?

It's a good question and one I've run across a few times so just wondering if you have anything more specific in mind.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events