Pushing a branch to a remote server fails

I have a project which uses Git on a remote server. I installed SourceTree for Mac to manage it. I also have a .ssh folder with the private in the root directory where I keep all my projects and the public key is in the server.

I was able to clone the project successfully and even commit+push it back with no problem. Then I ceated a branch in my local repo, added a new file and tried commit+push it. It was committed but the pushing failed with the following error message.

Pushing to git@gitserver:gitbtest

ssh: Could not resolve hostname gitserver: nodename nor servname provided, or not known

fatal: Could not read from remote repository.

Please make sure you have the correct access rights

and the repository exists.

I'm not sure why this is happening. Is there a way to set SSH keys in SourceTree for Mac? I can't seem to find any option to do so.

Any help to resolve this would be great.

Thank you!

1 answer

The key message here is "ssh: Could not resolve hostname gitserver: nodename nor servname provided, or not known". http://bit.ly/1tqBEgl

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted Tuesday in United States

Topic Tuesday: What's your favorite topic?

Good morning All, Our goal is to get you into the habit of while enjoying your favorite morning drink you are checking the NOVA "space" for topics and comments. Your input is really needed and...

62 views 4 0
View post

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you