Purchase Order field type that auto increments

Steven Lam
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 29, 2013

I'm looking for a workaround to creating PO #'s within JIRA.

Seeing as JIRA's issue numbering fits the idea of PO's since they're one-time use / do not recycle issue keys

however, this involves the dash '-' that separates project key and issue key.

Generally, we're looking for something similar along the lines of PO100000 and increments from there.

I'm not sure if this is the right hub to be asking this question, however, any input would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,

Steven

1 answer

0 votes
Marlon Aguiar
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 26, 2013

Hi Steve,

I realize this is an old question, but it's still relevant nonetheless. I don't believe this is currently possible, but it would be a great functionality to have, so I went ahead and created a New Feature request for this to be implemented: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRA-34509

I strongly recommend you to vote for it (so it increases it's priority), add yourself as a watcher (in order to get updates) and if you have the time please add a comment so our DEVs can get the customer's point of view on why this should be implemented.

Hope it helps!

Regards,
Marlon

Suggest an answer