Public key error in Application Links

krishnan February 26, 2012

Hi,

I am trying to get Jira gadgets onto Liferay Portal. But I am facing issues in Jira accepting Public key.

I generated public key using Puttygen and saved the public key.

In Jira - Opened Jira -> Application Links -> created new Generic Application -> Incoming Authentication
consumer key - www.liferay.com
consumer Name - Liferay
Public key - gave the public key text in public key file
callback - callback as mentioned in Liferay opensocial gadget

When I tried to save the settings, I get an error in Jira "Must be a valid public key. java.security.InvalidKeyException: invalid key format".

Where am I going wrong? How are the public and private key generated?

Regards,

Anantha

3 answers

0 votes
Mohamed Mahmoud July 7, 2016

can you post answer if you fixed it?

0 votes
Vaibhav Sharma August 13, 2012

Hey Guys,

Did anyone able to resolve this issue? Any luck in getting OpenSocial gadget portlel work in liferay connecting Jira.

I am facing the same issue but not able to fix it.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks

0 votes
Dieter
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 26, 2012
Hi Anantha, maybe we can put our pieces of the puzzle together ;). i have already managed to import the public key in Jira, just see https://answers.atlassian.com/questions/17240/consuming-jira-gadget-in-liferay But i have absolutely no idea, where from Liferray gets it's private key ... Maybe you can help me in this regard
krishnan February 27, 2012

Hi Dieter,

We are sailing in the same boat. Dejuknow has answered our queries in this forum http://stackoverflow.com/questions/8491844/jira-liferay-integration but still unable to succeed in integrating.

I tried to reach him in the same thread but it was deleted. Let me try my luck. I generated my public key using keytool and now that text area is greyed out in Application Links in Jira. Now I have to work on the other side Liferay for this integration. Only public key is generated and have no idea of private key. If I succeed I will let you know through this thread.

Regards,

Anantha

Dieter
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 27, 2012
Hi Anantha,, that looks promising. I also had managed to install the public key on Jira side but never knew where to put the private key on the Liferay side. Will try to let our Liferay admin install the fix and try again. Thanks once more!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events