Providing admin permissions for one user who can manage only one progect

Hey Guys,

We got 5 different projects where participates person X. I'm able to assign role admin as a global permission to him to allow the option to manage 5 different projects. The idea is allowing him to manage one project and save option to be an ordinary user on rest ones without admin permissions

How can I configure it ?

1 answer

0 vote

A global admin is what it says it is - global.  The global admin can admin global things like screens, fields, workflows etc.

Project admin is a different layer, but only allows for versions components and user admin.

How to crete local admin role for specific user and assign it to him ?

You

• create (or reuse) a global role like "PA" (you'll only need to do this once)
  • go into the permission scheme and make sure it says "Project administration: Role: PA"
  • Go to the project administration, select users and roles and add the user into the PA role

Suggest an answer

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.

Learn more
Community showcase
Published 7 hours ago in Hipchat

Moving from Hipchat to Stride? Here’s what you’ll love

Heya, Hipchat friends! We’re so happy you’re checking out   Stride. Whether you know it or not, you have been instrumental in making Stride come to life. Every feature, design, and functionality...

30 views 0 3
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you