Project Permission

Davor December 8, 2011

Hi

HERE IS THE EXAMPLE

I have two teams. Project leaders from both teams can assign and can only see

issues from project that they are a part of.

QUESTION

If one project leader assigns other project leader or member from another team for a issue

how to set permission that that person can se what he is assigned for.

Now the thing are that if one project leader, or person who can assign issue,

assigns a member of another team that person can’t see for what he is assignable for.

And one more thing also if I(admin) set someone as a watcher how to automatically allow that person to see certain issue

PLEASE HELP, i hope that i have explained clearly

1 answer

0 votes
Dieter
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 8, 2011
I think you should create two groups for these two teams. Let's call them team1 which can see project 1 and team 2 which can see project 2.lead 1 is lead of project 1 and lead 2 is lead of project 2. To make the project 1 visible as desired you should grant browse permission to lead 1 and the current assignee. In order to make users of project 2 become assignees in project 1 ( and thus can see the issue) you should grant assignable permission in project 1 to lead 1, team 1 and team 2. To make the issues in project 1 become visible for the watchers you should also grant browse permission for watchers.
Dieter
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 8, 2011
I need to correct something. The permission type watchers is not available in standard Jira. But there is a workaround using the plugin https://studio.plugins.atlassian.com/wiki/display/JWFP/JIRA+Watcher+Field+Plugin You can define a custom field of this type which contains all watchers automatically and thus you just need to create browse permission to this field.
Dieter
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 8, 2011
The assign permission in project 1 should be granted to lead 1 only
Davor December 11, 2011

Thanks

Now everything is as planed

Davor December 11, 2011

Thansk for the first tip

now i have problem with the second

To make the issues in project 1 become visible for the watchers you should also grant browse permission for watchers.

I have instaled plugin but cant see add brows permission to watchers

Suggest an answer