Process for setting up proxying from various ports to a web server

Hi,

We are in the process of setting up Confluence, Crowd, Bamboo, Stash and configuring Crowd for authentication. We would like to redirect each port from our Tomcat server via a Web proxy (e.g., for Confluence we would want to redirect blood.ahc.umn.edu:8090 to blood.ahc.umn.edu/confluence, similarly with Jira, etc.). Authentication would then be done through Crowd.

First of all, how do we set up the ssl certificates for these apps? Secondly, how do we set up the Web proxy server to redirect the port requests through Tomcat (we are using Apace Web server on RHEL). Do you have any resources on-line that describe this process in-depth?

Thanks in advance!

Greg--

2 answers

1 accepted

This widget could not be displayed.

Done! Got step by step response on how to proceed.

This widget could not be displayed.

Hi Greg,

We have this doc explaining this configuration for Confluence and it is pretty much the same to the other applications. It have the instructions to configure it through mod_proxy and there is a section at the end explaining how to set it over ssl.

I hope this helps

Cheers

Cool!

Thanks much!

Greg--

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Summit 2018

Meet the community IRL

Atlassian Summit is an excellent opportunity for in-person support, training, and networking.

Learn more
Community showcase
Posted Wednesday in Teamwork

What teamwork quotes inspire you?

Hey everyone! My name is Natalie and I'm an editor of the Atlassian Blog and I've got a question for you: What's your favorite quote about teamwork?  We've compiled a list here, along with...

151 views 16 7
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you