Problems changing SSL cert

Mattw January 23, 2013

Our SSL cert is expiring and i'm having trouble importing a new cert. We have a wildcard cert *.domain.com that we use for all other sites, but i'm getting an error when i try to start up Jira.

I've created a new keystore and imported all new certs (root, intermediate,cert) and then updated server.xml to point at this new keystore. No errors during the keytool import. When i start up atlassian jira service, i'm seeing this error in the catalina log:

SEVERE: Failed to start connector Connector HTTP/1.1-443

LifecycleException: service.getName(): Catalina; Protocol handler start failed: java.io.IOException: jsse.invalid_ssl_conf

I know this is more of a tomcat issue than jira, but after spending a few hours on this, i'm stuck.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Matt

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
richie_gee
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 24, 2013

Hi there,

I found a documentation for confluence, but I think it is related to your case, maybe you can try referring to it see if it fixed you problem.

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/CONFKB/Confluence+could+not+run+through+SSL+due+to+jsse.invalid_ssl_conf

Hope this helps, cheers :)

Mattw February 7, 2013

thanks - that confirmed what i found on a tomcat support site

richie_gee
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 7, 2013

You are welcomed :) Have a great day ahead :)

Suggest an answer