Problem with Jira Database Values Plugin and/or Scriptaculous.js

kgood August 10, 2012

I am using the Jira Database Values Plugin with Jira 5.0.6, and I have two different problems that may or may not be related.

First, when using it in a create issue dialog box, the jdvp custom field works normally at first, but after changing the project or the issue type, the field doesn't respond to input at all anymore. It Starts working again if I cancel and retry creating the issue.

Second, the scriptaculous module of the plugin is causing problems on certain pages. On [server name]/secure/IssueNavigator.jspa and [server name]/secure/CreateIssue.jspa, clicking create issue will make the page will make the page automatically move to a blank page and stay there. This can be avoided by having some text in a field before, since it prompts you if you want to leave the page. This problem stops if I disable the scriptaculous module.

I tried to implement the fix described here https://developer.atlassian.com/display/JIRADEV/Custom+Fields+that+use+CSS+or+JavaScript+Web+Resources+in+JIRA+5.0, but I'm not sure if I did it right (I couldn't find any applicable place to use .live or the <tt>NEW_CONTENT_ADDED event)</tt>

Any advice you may have would be appreciated.

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
kgood August 19, 2013

Fixed with later update of plugin

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events