Problem with Delegated Ldap Authentication User Directory

when authenticating a user, jira is not accessing the filter.

Here is the scenario. We have two Ldap directories and a user can transfer from one directory to another by making the user status as active in any one of the directory based on requirement. In Jira, we specified a filter in User Object Filter textbox under User Schema Settings section to handle the active users but it is not working. Here is the filter

Can any one suggest how to make jira to apply filter?

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote

It sounds like you have the right approach. JIRA should skip the repository if it can't find the user. Are you sure the filter is correct? I'd suggest focusing on that; the approach is sound.

Yes the filter is correct as i tested in some ldap browsers. But here it is not affecting.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Alexey Matveev
Published Saturday in Jira

How to run Jira in a docker container

Everything below is tested on Ubuntu 17.10. I prefer to use Jira in a docker container because: 1. I can install Jira with a couple of commands. 2. I can start and stop Jira just by starting and s...

130 views 3 5
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you
Atlassian Team Tour

Join us on the Team Tour

We're bringing product updates and pro tips on teamwork to ten cities around the world.

Save your spot