Problem using GET request on "../assignee/search?" REST API in JIRA

Maximlian Thorand April 28, 2017

Hello,

i'm trying to figure out which users i can assign to my issues that i want to create. Therefore i want to use the GET request "/rest/api/latest/user/assignable/search?key=NAGSWC" and want to store the responseText with the users in a string.

Unfortunately all i get using that command is

"missing parameter 'username' or 'key'" and i can not figure out where the problem is. When i'm posting my request directly into the URL i can see a json string and the users connected to the project.

I also tried substituting the "key" in "/rest/api/latest/user/assignable/search?key=NAGSWC with "projectKey", "project" and so on but nothing works.

The name of the projectkey itself is definitely right though, my other requests like POST do work.

Thanks in advance

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Sam Hall
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 28, 2017

It should work if you give the 'project' parameter.

Here's a example using jira.atlassian.com:

https://jira.atlassian.com/rest/api/latest/user/assignable/search?project=SOMETHING

For me, this returns "No project with the provided key exists".

Maximlian Thorand April 28, 2017

Hello Sam, i figured i used another syntax else where, and that caused the problem!

Thanks!

Suggest an answer