Problem installing stash

Alcides Avaroma June 3, 2013
I'm stuck in the last step, when I try to open http://Localhost:7990 I got "page not found" Can you help me?

5 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Alcides Avaroma July 9, 2013

How can I close this Question???

1 vote
Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 3, 2013

Can you look at the logs and see if there were any error during startup? Did you define a Stash home? If so, look at atlassian-stash.log under log folder. If you can't find it, look at catalina.out under Stash_Install_Dir/logs folder.

thanks for your answer,
my log folder is empty
my stash_home is defined
when I run "bin\start-stash.bat" I got to run STASH in the foreground, start the server with start-stash.bat /fg

Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 3, 2013

What do you see in catalina.out?

I don't have that file, the logs folder is empty

Rising Star
Rising Star
June 3, 2013

Seems Stash never got started then. Can you try without /fg and see what happens?

Rising Star
Rising Star
June 3, 2013

Did you set JAVA_HOME?

Rising Star
Rising Star
June 3, 2013
Yes I run without /fg and I got the message: " run STASH in the foreground, start the server with start-stash.bat /fg" the I run with /fg and I got no message but it still doesn't work

Yes I do set JAVA_HOME in my Enviroment variables, do I have to set it somewhere else?

cofarrell
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 4, 2013

Hi Alcides,

If you're still stuck you might want to raise a support ticket so that our support team can help.

http://support.atlassian.com/

Having JAVA_HOME in your environment should be enough. Is there _any_ output from running with '/fg', or does it look like the screenshot in the issue STASH-2822?

Charles

Alcides Avaroma June 4, 2013
Thank's I'll raise a Ticket about your question, when I run with '/fg' got no message output, and it looks like the screenshot
Alcides Avaroma June 5, 2013
thank, do I have to change something in the file "setenv.bat" ?
cofarrell
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 5, 2013

Hi Alcides,

Assuming JAVA_HOME is set, or running 'set JAVA_HOME=c:\Your\Java' should be enough. If you edit the setenv.bat and change 'echo off' to 'echo on' that might give you more of an idea of why it isn't working. You might want to attach your JAVA_HOME variable as well as the output of running the script with echoing to the support ticket and here so we can help further.

Charles

0 votes
Alcides Avaroma June 23, 2013
The problem is solved, it seems that was my computer, becouse I've installed in 2 differents computers with no problem
0 votes

neither with http://hostname:7990/stash work

when I run "bin\start-stash.bat" I got to run STASH in the foreground, start the server with start-stash.bat /fg

does this means that the installation is not right
I have a windows 7 32 bits

0 votes
cofarrell
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 3, 2013

Hi Alcides,

I'm afraid we might need more than that. Is there anything in the $STASH_HOME/log/atlassian-stash.log file or the console?

If you started from the standard Stash distribution the above URL should work, but if you're using our developer tools it might need a '/stash' at the end of that URL. From the output of my console:

[INFO] [talledLocalContainer] Tomcat 7.x started on port [7990]
[INFO] stash started successfully in 186s at http://hostname:7990/stash

Charles

neither with http://hostname:7990/stash work

does this means that the installation is not right
I have a windows 7 32 bits

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events