Problem adding additional publishers to a space

jim romaine October 13, 2015

In Confluence Publishing, I've create both a draft and published space for our policies. I've successfully published documents between them. However, I am trying to add an additional publisher to the site, but she does not see the "Publishing" menu option in Space Tools nor is it available in the "overview" area.
The alternate publisher has full editing rights across both the draft and publishing site (every box checked on the permissions screen). How do I get the Publishing Menu and actions to be available on her screens?

3 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Elle November 5, 2015

Hi Jim,

I think you are aware, but I wanted to remind you that, only Space Administrators that are members of the Publishers or Copiers Group are allowed to publish or copy a space. Please go to Confluence Administration> Publishing Configuration> Please check which user group is listed in the Publishers Group. Can you also please check both Mike and Tammy's individual permissions and see what group each of them belong to? 

image2015-11-5 12:34:4.png

image2015-11-5 12:21:21.png

image2015-11-5 12:26:17.png

image2015-11-5 12:27:44.png

Please let us know if both of the users are in the Publishers Group that you have listed in the Publishing Configuration settings. We may need to take a look at a few other things. If possible please send screen shots of their permissions. 

Regards, 

Daryl 

jim romaine November 6, 2015

While the site permissions were correct for the individual, the publishers group was not for the individual affected. Once the Publishing Configuration group had the correct list of people, the issue was resolved. Thanks, Daryl

1 vote
Elle November 4, 2015

Hi Jim,

Sorry for the delay in responding to your question. I've just added this response to your original post in the ComalaTech Community Board. 

It sounds like an individual is having an issue with seeing the Publishing Icon within the "Single Page" or Space Tools view. For single page publishing, can you please look at the following wiki and be sure that the user has the permissions mentioned here: https://wiki.comalatech.com/display/AHP/Publish+a+single+page
For Space Publishing, can you please look at the following wiki and be sure that the user has the permissions mentioned here: https://wiki.comalatech.com/display/AHP/Publish+a+space

Please let us know if adding the permissions mentioned in the wiki does not enable the Publishing Icon for the user.

Daryl Karan
ComalaTech
Support Engineer

0 votes
jim romaine November 5, 2015

Hello Daryl,

Thank you for the response.

We are planning to implement whole space publishing (under advanced options in publish space configuration we have not selected the “Single Page Publishing checkbox) and the individual is not seeing the “Publishing” under “Space Tools”. I double checked the permissions on the Draft site (see below) and she has all permissions selected. (FYI, she has all permissions selected in the “production” site as well, the other individual listed below also does not see it either).

confluencepublishers2015-11-05_8-56-51.png

Thanks,

Jim

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events