Problem accessing marktplace from jira

Frank-Matthias Kuschel September 3, 2012

Dear Support,

we face a problem which we cannot resolved alone.

The problem is that the system cannot conect to the marktplace inside jira. If i test the connectivity from the server, with wget marktplace.atlassian.com, i cannot find any problem.

We searched some time for a solution but without the hint, that the base url may be wrong, we didn't find an answer.

Any help is appreciated.

3 answers

0 votes
Ellen Feaheny [AppFusions]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 5, 2012

What version of the UPM do you have running?

In our experience, the UPM has been very stable in recent months - so be sure to update that. Do you have v2.6.1 installed?

Also - perhaps restart your server if all else fails?

I think we need more information on what is going on with your server.

Connecting with Marketplace (and formerly "Plugin Exchange") is not really new -

Let us know how this works out for you -

0 votes
Harry Chan
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 5, 2012

Hi, I'd do what Christian says, but before that be sure you have upgraded to the latest version of UPM and also don't have any firewall/proxy issues. Be sure that you can connect to it.

Are you using JIRA 5.1.3? I have seen quite a few issues with that and UPM. 5.1.2 seems to work though.

0 votes
Christian Czaia _Decadis AG_
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 5, 2012

Hey, this is not the official support :-) . There have been bugs in the UPM and related questions here in the forum...without further info about your system, your version etc. it'll be hard to help you out:-) Try to raise a support ticket and include your logs...

https://support.atlassian.com/secure/Dashboard.jspa

Cheers Christian

Suggest an answer