Private mode JIRA not requiring log in

I am in the process of moving a new JIRA server into our DMZ for outside network access. The mode is set ot Private but I am not required to log in. What am I missing?

2 answers

1 accepted

I think you'll see that if any projects have a permission scheme associated where the 'Browse Projects' permission allows 'Anyone' to browse.

Make sure the 'Browse Projects' permission for your project's assocated permission scheme requires group jira-users

UPDATE:

Jamie - Just thought of another note regarding your project based upon an issue I ran into a while back. If you are making this public but still requiring an account to browse my above comment should be fine, but keep in mind workflow transitions.

There isn't a permission for transitions so you should add as a condition for each transition a group or role restriction, e.g. 'Only users in project role Users can execute this transition' (Condition: User Is In Project Role) or 'Only users in group jira-users can execute this transition' (Condition: User Is In Group)

Hi Jaime,

You may need to set a Issue Security Scheme in order to prevent your issues from a project of being browsed for anonymous users.

I hope it helps!

Best regards,
Lucas Timm

Suggest an answer

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.

Learn more
Community showcase
Posted Thursday in Off-topic

Friday Fun: Magic Eyes

...staring into the background. Once the image pops out in 3D, you can look around the picture and enjoy. If you will see if you are a true illusion master! :) You did it? :) Wow! Awesome! As a bonus...

480 views 85 11
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you