Print attachment during workflow transition

Matt Steadman April 6, 2017

I was wondering if there was anyway that when the workflow transition button is clicked that a post function can happen where it prints an attachment linked to that issue?

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 6, 2017

You have the right idea, but you will need to find or write code to provide that post-function.

I did exactly that many years ago, when rigging up JIRA as an inventory management system - a transition for "label item" caused the label printer to spit out something to stick to the items.

Matt Steadman April 7, 2017

I see that you're with Adaptavist. That is Script Runner correct? Is Script Runner capable of doing something like that? We are using the Cloud version of Jira as well so could the cloud version of Script Runner specifically do this? I know what the basic idea of Script Runner is but not knowing how to use any coding languages I've never taken a deeper look at it. 

keval.doshi July 1, 2018

@Nic Brough -Adaptavist- I am having the same use case for building an inventory management system.  On a particular transition I would like to print a specific field as a label which can be put on the physical parts. It would be really helpful if you can detail on how do I proceed with this in scriptrunner.

Steven F Behnke
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 1, 2018

@keval.doshi it'd be best if you opened a new question, tagged it Scriptrunner, and described your use-case in depth. Do you want it to just open the 'Print File' screen? Do you want it to send a pre-designed template to a network printer? There's a lot of questions to ask.

keval.doshi July 1, 2018

thanks for mentioning that. I have asked it as a separate question.

0 votes
Steven F Behnke
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 6, 2017

The 'easiest way' (not very easy to be honest) would be to use javascript to render a page as-if the user had clicked a "print this page" link.

Suggest an answer