We are getting ready to install JIRA and just have a few questions we hoped you could help with. We plan to interface JIAR with Subversions and also plan to utilize FishEye and Crucible. We plan to use the PostgreSQL database with JIRA. Maximum number of users will probably be approx. 25. Also we will be running on RHEL.
1. Does it matter if we install on a virtual computer versus a real computer?
2. Should we install the database on the same computer as JIRA?
3. Should we install JIRA and Subversion on the same computer?
4. Does it matter if we install FishEye and Crucible on the same computer as JIRA?
Thanks For Your Help,
Regarding to your questions:
1. For Java apps, a real server will perform better than a virtual one. If you're intending to use a virtual platform, Xen/OpenVZ or even KVM will probably perform better than VMware.
2. If your company already has a wealthy and dedicated server for your databases, you can use it. But you can also run it on the same server as well.
3. and 4. Will depend of your server resources. If you have enough memory to run all apps on the same server, you can run everything on it.
We're looking for participants for another workshop at Atlassian! We need Jira admins who have interesting custom workflows, issue views, or boards. Think you have a story to sh...
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!Find a group
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!
Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.Start an AUG
You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs