Plugin update for 4.4 version?

rakhi January 12, 2012

I am upgrading Email this issue and jira suite utilites plugin for JIRA 4.4 version. I used them with 4.1.2 version before and they used to be just JAR files. with latest version they come with more details in a Zip file. Any idea on how to use these zip files, do we just need to place the zip files or extracted files in a folder into jira-home/plugins/installed-plugins ?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Bob Swift OSS (Bob Swift Atlassian Apps)
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 12, 2012

Have you looked at the install instructions? JIRA Email This Issue Plugin

rakhi January 12, 2012

I did ..It says Download and copy the JAR file to <tt>$JIRA_HOME/plugins/installed_plugins. But when downlaoded the plugin its a zip file and unzipping shows some more folders and file but no jar file. Any idea? </tt>

Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 12, 2012

The link from the page is a jar file for me - https://plugins.atlassian.com/server/1.0/download/pluginVersion/324116

rakhi January 12, 2012

really bizare when I used the link you sent , I got a zip file and unzipping shows com , Meta-inf, Resousces, templates folder and some xml and proprties file. What is wrong?

Rising Star
Rising Star
January 12, 2012

What you are describing is the contents of a jar file. Use firefox or chrome to download, see if that makes a difference.

rakhi January 12, 2012

Firefox worked ..Thanks Bob

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 12, 2012

There's a bug that Microsoft insist on leaving in all versions of IE - it silently renames .jar files as .zip. Idiotic thing to do, but easy to fix - you can just change the .zip to .jar (as .jar files are almost always a portable .zip file anyway)

Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 12, 2012

Idiotic indeed. I never understood the reason behind it!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events