Hi

I Am one of the administrators of Color Line's jira installment.

Just wanted to know how I go about installing the plugin:

JIRA Commit Acceptance

Under Installation description it says :

1. Copy the plug-in JAR file jira-commitacceptance-plugin-xxx.jar to the JIRA_HOME/atlassian-jira/WEB-INF/lib directory.

2. Restart JIRA.

But I suppose copying and restarting must be done by you?

Or can I download the jira-commitacceptance-plugin-xxx.jar file myself and then use the Upload Plugin link on the Install Plugins page in our Jira Administration site? If so, will I be able to restart our Jira as well?

Thanx for any help

1 answer

0 vote

I'm a little confused here. We don't look after your Jira, it's yours. We're a community of end users of Jira, not your server administrators.

So, the answer is "talk to your server administrators", it's nothing to do with us.

However, some more information might apply:

The plugin you are looking at says to install in WEB-INF/lib - that implies a type of plugin that cannot be loaded by the "upload plugin" link. You'll need to find a server administrators.

The other thought is that you might be using Jira "OnDemand", in which case, you still need to talk to your administrators (i.e. Atlassian support), but before you do that, please read https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/AOD/Atlassian+OnDemand+Plugin+Policy Although, I don't think that's the case if you have the link to "upload plugin"

Suggest an answer

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.

Learn more
Community showcase
Published yesterday in Marketplace Apps

Tips on how to choose the best estimation method for your planning

Planning and grooming sessions all come with their own sets of rules. Team members meet to estimate stories or other work items, all according to an agreed-upon process. And with every session comes ...

27 views 0 10
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you