Please support multiple accounts in windows (the largest selling OS in the world)...

This question is in reference to Atlassian Documentation: Connect multiple accounts

Given the prevalence of MS Windows, it would be very helpful to have a client that supported multiple accounts. Works in other chat apps which we won't name here smile

5 answers

This widget could not be displayed.

Hi there, 

Thanks for your feedback. We are currently working on making multiple accounts possible in our Windows client, you will see this soon! 

Cheers, 
Liz 

Great, looking forward to it!

Is there any update on this? It's been over two years.

Well, um, Windows really isn't the largest selling OS in the world.  There's a technical argument to be had about Unix, Android and whether you count just clients or clients and servers, but Windows simply can't be described as the largest selling. 

But, barring that correction, I want the same thing.  HipChat on my Mac is great - I've got four accounts, it's easy to click between them, and the only change I'd like to make is to lose that distinction completely.  Instead of having account 1 with 4 chats, account 2 with 2 chats, account 3 with one chat and account 4 with 27 chats, I'd like to have 34 chats and a small flag to show me which chat belongs to which account.

But it's crummy on Linux (the largest selling OS in the world wink ), Android (a sub-set of Linux) and Windows, and I'd like to see the Mac multi-account functionality on other OS's too.

Good point! Though Linux/Unix is rarely sold. Even Android is free... Like IRC! 

Looking forward to the actual solution.

+1 for Windows and Android support!

Loving this App by the way.

+1 for Linux and Windows multiple account support. Thanks!

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Summit 2018

Meet the community IRL

Atlassian Summit is an excellent opportunity for in-person support, training, and networking.

Learn more
Community showcase
Posted Wednesday in Teamwork

What teamwork quotes inspire you?

Hey everyone! My name is Natalie and I'm an editor of the Atlassian Blog and I've got a question for you: What's your favorite quote about teamwork?  We've compiled a list here, along with...

151 views 16 7
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you