Please enable Confluence Source Editor plugin -- if not possible, then answer my usage question

Larry Talley June 4, 2012

I frequently create a new space and want to edit the home page. I appreciate that new home pages are created with a selection of macros that many users find useful. In my case I usually have other very specific things that I want on a home page. But I can't figure out how to get rid of the macros that are put there for me. I can get rid of all the contents in the macros... although it is a pain. But I can't get rid of the macros.

In previous version this was so easy, switch to wiki markup, control-a, delete. But I can't figure out how to do basic things in Confluence 4.x.

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
jjak June 11, 2012

I have not tested this but in 4.1.10 standalone you can go into the admin menu under Configuration/Default Space Content and editing or removing those macros. Obviously this would be of global impact, and as I stated, I have not tested it.

Not sure how this may be different in onDemand or 4.2

0 votes
Matthew J. Horn
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 10, 2012

The best way to do this that I've found is to create a separate home page for each space as a new space. For example, I have a space called "Documentation". I also create a "DocumentationLandingPage" space. I then define a page in the DLP space and customize it to look any way I want. I redirect (with the Redirect macro) from the Documentation space's home page to the DLP's page.

I've talked to several designers and Confluence developers and this seems to be a fairly common approach to getting ride of those gawd-awful Confluence home pages.

matt

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events