Planning board deprecation and replacement?

Doug Varn
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 14, 2012

I see the new sub-menu under the Agile menu for GH. I also saw the note at the bottom:

"The Classic boards are no longer being actively improved and are not recommended for use in new projects."

I'm new to GH, starting a new project soon with it, and was planning to organize future sprints by treating each as a version (sprint 1 = version 0.1 with start/end dates). Then from the planning board, dragging stories into each to set up a rough release plan (that will of course be revised over time) and also getting a long-term vision of the project and schedule.

The rapid board itself has no way (that I can see) to do such a thing. Two questions:

1. Is there a goal for future iterations via the rapid board (like Pivotal Tracker does, breaking the backlog down into future sprints based on current velocity)?

2. Will I have any regrets if I carry on using the Planning Board this way for the next 6 month project I'm on?

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Doug Varn
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 14, 2012

Oh wow, I didn't notice that the new rapid board allows you to break out more than one sprint at a time!!! Yay!!

One step closer to being the board I was hoping for!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events