Planning Board - Quick Filters, Ranking, Sprint Marker

Lettingweb September 13, 2012

Hi,

I'm trying to plan my teams next sprint using the planning board.

To filter out all of the stories etc we aren't bothered about for this fix version I have a quick filter set up which only shows my the issues in this fix, great!

However when I click this filter and select the issues for the sprint it selects all of the other issues that are between the filtered issues but aren't shown.

Is there a way to make the sprint marker only take in visible issues (the ones in my filter)? Alternatively is there an easy way to rank all of these issues to the top of the list so this isn't an issue.

From my view it seems strange that the quick filter hides issues but then includes them in the sprint when you can't see them and don't want them!

Thanks,

Raymond

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
SimonS
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 14, 2012

Hi radm4,

You'll have to update the actual filter that the rapid board is based on in order to not rank the "unneeded" issues. The quick filter is more of a visual aid than a logical aid in that regard.

To edit the actual filter, just click the cog and click "configure". There will be a tab named "filter" you can click on which will show you the filter that the rapid board is based on and allow you to edit it to exclude the issues you don't need.

-Simon

Lettingweb September 16, 2012

Hi Simon,

Just as a side note that might be worth looking into.

I couldn't seem to be able to update the filter the board was currently using. If I followed those steps and edited the filter and saved, the changes were gone when I viewed the board again, this was quite confusing.

However if I created a new filter before hand and instead of editing I replace the current filter with my new one this seemed to work.

Thanks,

Raymond

Suggest an answer