Piechart issue count values wrong

Jeff Winget December 17, 2012

We have a custom field called CSCI.

A query returns 100 issues, one of which has a CSCI = ABCD.

When you display the results of the query as a pie chart sorted by CSCI, the piechart shows 30 issues = ABCD.

When you click on that slice of the pie, ONE issue is listed.

I checked the db integrity - all is good. My users are starting to doubt the system - I have to head this off. Please help.

Thanks

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Jeff Winget January 20, 2013

This issue has been elevated to Atlassian Support. They responded that a bug fixed in v5.25 is the root cause of the syptom described in this issue. I will test and close this Answer if that is correct.

Jeff Winget March 12, 2013

This issue no longer occurs in JIRA v5.2.7. Please note that Atlassian flagged it as fixed in v5.2.5, but I skipped that version.

Thanks Atlassian!

0 votes
Jeff Winget January 6, 2013

See image attached. Thanks!

Couldn't attach a file...not sure what's going wrong. No error message, just no evidence that the file uploaded successfully. Trying again, this time saved the .ppt file as a .png.

Image was giving me trouble - looks like this worked.

Renjith Pillai
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 9, 2013

While not sure, can you reindex JIRA and see the behaviour?

Jeff Winget January 9, 2013

Hi Renjith-

We re-indexed previously (see above comment dated 12/18), but didn't delete and rebuild. I will attempt this and report results. Thanks for your input.

Jeff Winget January 14, 2013

Because we are on v5.1, there is no options to "delete and rebuild", but this appears to be the default behaviour.

Just to be sure, I re-ran the re-index - did not work.

Another symptom: when sorting a list by CSCI, the "CTI MessageHandlerLib" is sorted between ESS and ESS_LV - obviously not in the correct order.

I changed the CSCI of the offending issue, then changed it back using the menu choices, but it did not fix this problem.

I'm getting very worried about our data integrity. This is just one problem we've found - what else is lurking out there? I've been using JIRA for years at multiple companies and never had reason to doubt the data. This is very troubling.

Renjith Pillai
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 19, 2013

Mostly requires to check the data a little more deeply. You can raise a support request with an XML backup of your data.

0 votes
Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 17, 2012
Jeff Winget December 18, 2012

Thanks for your response, Jobin. I re-indexed the DB, but got the same results. There is only one issue with this CSCI, but the piechart reports it as 30 issues. Clicking on the related pie slice returns the correct result - one issue.

I'm traveling until after the first of the year, so I may not respond quickly, but I will be working this issue. Thanks for your thoughts.

Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 18, 2012

Can you maybe attach a screenshot?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events