Permissions required for Bulk "Transition Issues"

Saneth Kumar June 24, 2012

I'm trying to change the value of the "Resolution" field for a large number of issues, and I've read that for this, one needs to use the Bulk Transition feature. However, I cant seem to be bale to perform this function since I dont have the correct permissions.

Could someone please tell me what permissions I need to do this?

1 answer

1 accepted

5 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 24, 2012

There are two layers to this.

First, there's the bulk-edit permission in general - you need to look at Admin -> Global permissions and make sure you are in a group that is allowed to use it.

Secondly, once you have that permission, you'll be offered bulk-edit on the "tools" drop-down on the issue navigator, and you'll be able to follow it all through, but you ALSO need to have the permission to perform the transition you need on each issue in your list. Jira will warn you if you don't have it (you'll get part way through the bulk-change process)

Saneth Kumar June 24, 2012

Thank you :)

Ysrael Peduche May 23, 2017

Hello Nic,

I have the admin in our Jira but cant see the "global permissions", can you help me on this. Thanks.

Amanda Lang August 16, 2019

Hey Ysrael,

press "gg" when anywhere in your Jira instance to display the admin console, type "global" or "permission" and it will suggest global permission to you :)

Like # people like this

Suggest an answer