Permission for backlog sorting in GreenHopper?

Doug Varn
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 21, 2012

I'm curious if there is such a permission, esp with regards to the 6.x rapid boards. Can I prevent certain users from dragging the backlog items around, since in scrum theory, no one should ever do so but the product owner?

1 answer

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Thomas Heidenreich
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 21, 2012

I can't tell you about 6.x at the moment, but in 5.x you needed the "schedule issue" permission to drag issues around on the planning board.

Doug Varn
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 21, 2012

Thanks, but not what I meant. I mean a way to prevent or allow some users from dragging stories around in the Plan area's backlog.

Thomas Heidenreich
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 21, 2012

I just tried it out (in 6.0.1) - this is exactly what you meant!

When users don't have the "Schedule Issue" permission they cannot drag things around on the planningboard/backlog - if they try, they get the message:

You do not have permission to rank issue 'TST-101' [ID: 31,070]. To rank an issue, you must have the schedule permission on that issue.

Doug Varn
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 21, 2012

Oh sorry ;)

You might be right, however, this permission seems above and beyond simply rearranging the backlog items:

Schedule Issues

Ability to view or edit an issue's due date.
I don't want to limit view/edit of an issue's due date, just the ability to drag/drop the backlog. I guess that's not an option, so I will experiment with the above permission. Thanks.

Thomas Heidenreich
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 21, 2012

In 5.x there was an option called "Scheduling Permission" (Use the Schedule Issues rather than the Resolve Issues permission for scheduling issues within GreenHopper), but I think this is gone in 6.x

And tying it to the resolve issue permission makes even less sense in my eyes...

ps: Could you kindly remove the negative vote above ;)

Doug Varn
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 21, 2012

It's still there, not sure applicable only to the now "Classic" boards or to the default (was "rapid board"). But either of those permissions prevent a user from doing a lot more than just backlog sorting.

Oh, and I have tried undoing the negative vote but I keep getting a "system error" prompt. I'll keep trying. Apologies..

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events