Password complexity within Confluence

Hi,

Is there a possiblity to set a password complexity within Confluence 3.5.13 like

- Password length: min. 8 characters
- Not allowed special characters: $, ' (apostrophe), blank
- User ID or users' full name not allowed as part of the password
- Password must consist of 3 of the 4 character groups:
-> capitals ( A to Z )
-> lower case ( a to z )
-> numerical numbers ( 0 to 9 )
-> special characters ( ! . , ' : ? + - | @ ( ) _ / ~ ` # )
- Account locked after 5 times wrong login
- Do not use one of your last 5 used passwords
- Passwords are valid for 60 days

3 answers

There is nothing like this in confluence. Integrate with your corporate LDAP and let that handle these requirements.

Does anyone have any information on this? We are currently running into an issues where the regex in Confluence does not match the regex in CROWD causing password reset issues.

thanks. We have an AD integration, but we have some users which does not below to our domain, therefore I need to have something different.

I just got an information about this and found on security manamgent plugin for confluence, which I need to test. http://www.adaptavist.com/display/plugins/User+Security+Management

I will keep you posted once I have tested it. But sounds like that one which we need

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted Tuesday in United States

Topic Tuesday: What's your favorite topic?

Good morning All, Our goal is to get you into the habit of while enjoying your favorite morning drink you are checking the NOVA "space" for topics and comments. Your input is really needed and...

67 views 4 0
View post

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you