Our LDAP users do not update login statistics

We migrated all our users from JIRA internal to our active directory over a year ago. I noticed after this migration that in login statistics for all users had "Not recorded" for all entries. I put it on a very low priority, since it did not really affect our operation. Users added to the active directory after the migration have their login statistics correctly updated.

Now this is becoming a bigger issue, because the lastComment/lastUpdate together with inRole/inGroup function (by works btw.) from ScriptRunner does not list any issues involving users existing before the migration.

So, what can we do to correct the existing users?

5 answers

1 accepted

Issue has been resolved. Problem was in the database

Could you provide the exact JQL you're using, plus details about an issue that should be included, but isn't?

The JQL is: 

issueFunction in lastUpdated("inGroup jira-users")

This should show all issues in our DB (which is 10k+), but only 19 is shown. All 19 issues have been last updated by users added after the migration. If I do the following:

issueFunction in lastUpdated("by Mads")

Then I get all issues last updated by me.

Hm. In your user management screen, are the old internal accounts still there as unlicensed users, without being part of the jira-users group?

I have an update to this issue. Before the migration, each user had an entry in both the JIRA directory and the active directory. Unfortunately, the user names were different by using different rules. We had to change the user names of all users in the JIRA directory to match the user names in the active directory.

My colleague has found the following: Some tables are referencing the users in "app_user" table by "lower_user_name" instead of "id". He has updated these tables to the correct "lower_user_name" so that lastUpdated now works. We will change some other tables so that lastComment also works. You can resolve this issue.

Suggest an answer

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.

Learn more
Community showcase
Posted Friday in Off-topic

Friday Fun: Riddle me this

Happy Friday, Funmakers! We had a Community Team offsite in Austin this week, and my mind feels primed for thinkin' from all the brainstorming we did!  So, this week's Friday Fun thread w...

126 views 14 3
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you