Open are Issues are not shown on agile boards

Niklas Jansen March 3, 2013

We use different agile boards for different projects. Since one week Open Issues are not shown in those boards anymore (problem is the same for all projects). The projects use different work flow shemes so this seems to be a bigger problem.

Can someone help?

2 answers

0 votes
JoanneA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 4, 2013

This may happen if the Open status in your workflow is not mapped to a column on the Agile board (perhaps if the workflow changed?). You can check and configure the columns for any board you have created - here is more info:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/GH/Configuring+Columns#ConfiguringColumns-MappingColumnstoJIRAStatuses

Niklas Jansen March 4, 2013

Hi Joanne,

thanks for your answer. I already checked the mapping and when all issues which are "Open" (currently 36) are mapped to the cloumn To-Do but not shown in the agile boards. The boards are managed by the Greenhoper Simplified Workflow.

Any more ideas?

JoanneA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 5, 2013

Hi Niklas,

Are there any issues showing up in the backlog at all?

GreenHopper uses a query that filters on the following things in the backlog:

* Project key

* Issue is not assigned to an open sprint

* Issue type is not SubTask or Epic

* Issue is in a mapped status but not the resolved one

Can you build the JQL and see if you get results for this? It will be something like this - you'll need to fill in the correct values for your project key, epic type id, and statuses.

(project = "key") AND (Sprint is EMPTY or Sprint not in openSprints()) AND (issueType in standardIssueTypes()) and (issuetype !- "epic_type_id") AND NOT (status in "resolved_status_id") AND (status in "mapped_status_id", "mapped_status_id")

0 votes
codelab expert
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 3, 2013

Please check your board filters. Do you filter some issue status?

Niklas Jansen March 4, 2013

Hi Mathias,

I checked the board filters. Even if we just filter by project I can't see the Open Issues. When I manage the filters I see all Issues in the list but not in the agile board.

We have the same problem for all boards (even with SCRUM).

Suggest an answer