Open Source Licensing

MPal Pal March 11, 2013

Hi All,

I have a legal question.

My company is using the Atlassian confluence open source license. I want to know if there are legal or community aspects which prevent me from removing the "Powered by Atlassian Confluence 4.2.2, the Enterprise Wiki..." text in the footer.

Thanks

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Jim C_
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 11, 2013

Hi MPal,

In section 4.6 of the End User Agreement it explains the attribution to Atlassian is required. This is the case with all license types (commercial, academic, open source, etc). As Nic mentioned, you can modify the text to a certain extent, like removing the name Confluence or the version number, but the "Powered by Atlassian" with a hyperlink to www.atlassian.com must remain.

I hope this explains.

0 votes
MPal Pal March 12, 2013

Thank you both

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 11, 2013

Your licence agreement explicitly stops you from removing the "Powered by xxx" and the link. You can move it around, format it differently and remove/reword a lot of the footer, but you *must* retain that one part of it, visible, readable and clickable.

I don't know if Atlassian may allow you to remove it for certain cases if you talk to them directly though - it's worth aasking them.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events