Only dashboard seems when i log in to jira,i can not create a project

Emre Koca November 30, 2013

Hi,I have installed the free trial version of Jira (download). But when i log in,i just see my dashboard and its' customizes. But i want to create a project,and manage it. I want to use jira with its all functions. What do I need to do ? Please help me.. Thank you..

2 answers

0 votes

Ok thank you,i am new in jira so i am trying to understand. How can i find someone to add me as an admin.

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 30, 2013

Add a project, as per the documentation at https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Defining+a+Project

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 30, 2013

As you installed it, the first user would have been set up as an administrator

If you are that user, then click "administrate" at the top right. If you are not, then you need to get them to add you to the admin group.

Normal users cannot create projects.

Thank you for your answer. As your answer, i think i am a user,not an administrator. At the page you linked, it says "add a project if you are an administrator" Then how can i be a jira administrator to add a project ?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
November 30, 2013

Again, if you are not an adminstrator, then you need to get someone who is to add you as an admin.

(By the way, when I said "click adminstrate", I meant click the "administrate cog", it's not a menu word there)

I've checked it again,on the right top there is no "administrate" tab. So spesifically,could you tell me what to do, to be a admin to create a project ?

Thank you very much for your helps..

ok,i am new in jira,i am trying to learn. Then how can i find someone to add me as an admin ? Thank you again..

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
November 30, 2013

Ask the person who installed it. As I said, they will have had to set up an initial user as the administrator.

I installed it indivicually,downloaded the free trial and runned it. I am really confused about that. i dont really know what to do to an admin.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
November 30, 2013

When you installed it, it asked you to set up the first account. That account is an administrator.

Do you have the admin cog at the top right or not?

Emre Koca December 1, 2013

No,i do not have an admin cog at the top right.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 1, 2013

Then you aren't logging in as an administrator. My guess is that you created a second account, adn then either gave that one admin rights and deleted your own, or you are using the second account.

Either way, you need to work out what you did and log in as an administrator.

Emre Koca December 1, 2013

I will uninstall, then i will install with a new account,i hope it works. Then i really appreciate you for your answers.

Suggest an answer