Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

One of my remotes shows up on the left but is no longer tracking

Oddible March 24, 2014

Not sure what I did but I have a remote on the left that was tracking fine (showing up on the right and how far behind it was the current branch) but now it doesn't show up on the right at all. How do I get this working again?

2 answers

0 votes
Seth
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 27, 2014

"It shows up perfectly on the left". Just to make sure I understand you clearly, this is what I would expect to see on the left.

1. "production" should show up under the Branches section.
  2. The Remotes section (when expended) should include "origin" and "staging".
  3. If "origin" is expanded, its list of branches should include "production".
  4. If "staging" is expanded, its list of branches should also include "production".

To summarize, if things are all working as expected, "production" (it sounds like that is the name of your branch) should be listed in at least 3 different places.

If you are seeing everything described in the left panel, you have "Show remote branches" checked (I assume you do since you see origin branches), AND the staging branch is not listed in the graph, then it sounds like you've found a bug, and should visit support.atlassian.com.

0 votes
Seth
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 25, 2014

Sounds like your local branch was deleted if it isn't showing in your branch list anymore. Try checking it back out from your remote.

Oddible March 25, 2014

Everything is showing fine in the branch list on the left - it all looks normal there. On the right in the commit message list - I am no longer seeing one of my remotes. I see my origin/prodiction (1 behind) but not my staging/production. The problem is I can no longer see what commit staging/production is at in Sourcetree.

Seth
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 25, 2014

Are you the only person making changes to the remote in question? Also, to be clear, it is the remote branch that is missing or the local branch?

Oddible March 25, 2014

Thanks, the remote in question (staging/production) is a deployment server - the only changes to that server are pulled from origin. So no one is making changes on that remote. Again, the remote is not missing - it appears on the left in the tree just fine. The problem is it isn't showing in the commit list on the right - so I cannot see what commit is was left on.

Seth
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 25, 2014

You should log into that server and check to make sure it still has the branch. The most likely scenario is still that it somehow got deleted, but from the remote, not local.

Oddible March 26, 2014

That remote branch is working fine, I can push to the server as well as pull from the server perfectly. As I indicated, it shows up perfectly on the left. The problem is that Sourcetree isn't showing the commit that the remote is on in the view on the right.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events