One application process disappeared after other one started

Marvin July 3, 2013

Hi,

I have an issue on applications.

I deployed JIRA 6 and confluence 5.1.4 on my VPS, after I restart the service, the java process seems like they are killing each other, after the JIRA start up, the confluence's java process will disappeared, after I started up confluence, JIRA's disappeared, and I have monitoring the two applications' catalina.out, everything is smoothly, just like there are some one killed one java.

can anyone help me?

5 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
jing_hwa_cheok
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 3, 2013

Hi Marvin,

Could it be possible that they are not killing each other just overwriting each other cookie? Because if both JIRA and Confluence have the same context path, their cookies will overwrite each other therefore creating an illusion that they are killing each other session.

Browser cookies does not take into account the port therefore when you log into Confluence after you log into JIRA, your JIRA cookie will be overwritten and therefore you log out automatically. By default both of the application context path is "/"

Change the context path in the server.xml file for both Confluence and JIRA and them restart them.
You can refer to this document for more detailed instruction https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/DOC/Configuring+the+Server+Base+URL.

Hope this helps.

Marvin July 3, 2013

Thank you for your suggestion, I'm already changed the path, let's take a look

Marvin July 3, 2013

My JIRA still disappeared, the last log event is:

Jul 04, 2013 1:34:36 PM org.apache.jasper.compiler.TldLocationsCache tldScanJar

INFO: At least one JAR was scanned for TLDs yet contained no TLDs. Enable debug logging for this logger for a complete list of JARs that were scanned but no TLDs were found in them. Skipping unneeded JARs during scanning can improve startup time and JSP compilation time.

I've already add /jira and /confluence path

jing_hwa_cheok
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 3, 2013

Hi Marvin,

This issue seem to be quite complicated. I believe it is best for you to create an issue at support.atlassian.com and our engineers will look into this case with you.

Also generate the full support zip (Administration > System > Atlassian Support Tool > Support Zip) to get faster response.

Cheers,

Jing Hwa

0 votes
Renjith Pillai
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 6, 2013

If you are already seeing Java OOM error, then you do not have a choice but to increase the server memory. Keep JIRA and Confluence on 512MB if you are having a small instance.

0 votes
Marvin July 3, 2013

I find out who killed my java:

please check my attached kernel message (message.txt), My VPS have 2 GB RAM, but it always java oom, can anyone help me?

0 votes
Marvin July 3, 2013

I find out who killed my java:

please check my attached kernel message , My VPS have 2 GB RAM, but it always java oom, can anyone help me?

0 votes
Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 3, 2013

Anything in the other logs? lovalhost logs or application logs?

Marvin July 3, 2013

only confluence have some error:

ERROR [scheduler_Worker-1] [atlassian.crowd.directory.DbCachingDirectoryPoller] pollChanges Error occurr

ed while refreshing the cache for directory [ 131073 ].

But arround it I can't see any about java process event

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events