OnDemand JIRA and Confluence sometimes slow to load

Doug Brunner December 17, 2012

We've been noticing that our OnDemand instance sometimes performs poorly: pages that would normally load in around a second take more like 10 or 15, as though server load is spiking. This has been going on for the last couple of months; it's not a serious problem, just annoying. It appears to affect all pages on both JIRA and Confluence. I haven't noticed any pattern in time of day or pages affected.

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Ivan Maduro
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 3, 2013

Hi Doug,

This kind of performance slowdown can be caused by a number of things. do you also have Fisheye / Crucible on your instance? Fisheye indexing repositories can be the cause of slowdown, as this takes up a large chunk of CPU.

Other causes could be embedded .Doc or .XLS files, if the system occasionally re-indexes, parsing large or complex files can cause some slow down as well.

If the slowdown becomes hindering or starts occuring more often, please file a Support Ticket and one of our Support Engineers will examine your instance and try to find the cause.

Cheers,

Ivan.

Doug Brunner January 6, 2013

We don't have Fisheye or Crucible. Indexing might be an issue; one of our Confluence spaces has a bunch (on the order of 20-50) of PDFs attached, several hundred kB each. However, those were added back in May, and the problem started manifesting more recently.

I've been compiling a list of times when the slowdown occurred; unfortunately that list is only one entry long since we've been closed for a couple weeks for holiday break. Once I get some more data points I'll send it over to support.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events