OnDemand Confluence - some users don't get indexed and are unsearchable, unmentionable and don't appear in a list of users

OSA February 1, 2012

OnDemand Confluence - some users don't get indexed and are unsearchable, unmentionable and don't appear in a list of users.
Any clues?

5 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
RyanR February 2, 2012

So this is due to a known issue in Confluence, where sometimes a new user does not get added to the search index until you actually click on their profile in confluence.

Like so:

https://instance.atlassian.net/wiki/display/~user.name

After this, it'll get added to the index pretty much right away.

Hope this helps.

Ryan

0 votes
Andrew Evans March 2, 2015

I have the same problem with only one user not being picked up in mentions and shares.  All other users are found.

This occurs in the server edition.

0 votes
Stuart MacKenzie April 21, 2012

Same with me. I created this question before finding this post: https://answers.atlassian.com/questions/49691/at-mentions-not-working-in-comments-in-ondemand-confluence

The suggestion above to navigate to the user's space did not resolve this issue for us.

It had been working previously. Cheers!

0 votes
ragill April 15, 2012

I get the same issue on Confluence OnDemand (as of 15th April 2012)

0 votes
NikE
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 2, 2012

Is this issue still persisting? I took a look at the instance tied to your email address and it looks like all the users were showing up on the tests I ran. If the issue still exists, I'm wondering if it has to with the phonetic characters (I forget the proper name for them) not being indexed.

If the issue is persisting, please open a support ticket with the names of the users (so we don't post your account info here) and we can track down the issue.

OSA February 5, 2012

Hello and thanks for the reply,
seems to be OK now. We have applied the workaround described by Ryan Dunn in the ticket we raised:

Ryan Dunn [Atlassian] added a comment - 03/Feb/12 12:58 PM

Hi there,

This is due to a known issue where sometimes new users don't get added to the search index until you actually go to their profile (anyone).

He tried visiting one of the affected user's profile and then it started to work...

The rest seems to be also OK now.

Thanks for the effort!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events