Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

On the blog feed, is there anyway to only show a section of the post rather than the whole text?

Joe Hill February 11, 2016

So at the moment if you write a long blog post, on the blog feed page it will show the whole post. Is there a way to just show the first x amount of characters? or even just show up until the first page break/ horizontal line?

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Nick Muldoon
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 23, 2016

Hi Joe,

You can display blog posts in Excerpt mode as detailed Blog Posts Macro.

Note there is a bug where excerpt mode strips all formatting, making it hard to read:

Cheers,
Nick Muldoon
Better Blogs for Confluence, Arijea 

0 votes
Joe Hill February 24, 2016

Hi Nick,

Thanks for the response, but that is not exactly what I am looking for. As far as I am aware macros are used for page posts only?

The functionally is what I am looking for, but to be able to do that to the blog page. Is there anyway to make the blog do this?

Thanks,

Joe

Nick Muldoon
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 24, 2016

Sorry, to clarify, you can:

1. create a page
  2. use the blog post macro, with excerpt display
  3. add that page to the sidebar as "Blog"
  4. remove the standard blog link from the sidebar

It is a workaround as you can't change the display of the standard blog post page.

Thanks Joe

Joe Hill February 25, 2016

Aha, I guess that could work for now.

Any ideas if that bug will ever get fixed? Looks like it has been around for quite a while?

Thanks.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events