On the blog feed, is there anyway to only show a section of the post rather than the whole text?

So at the moment if you write a long blog post, on the blog feed page it will show the whole post. Is there a way to just show the first x amount of characters? or even just show up until the first page break/ horizontal line?

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Accepted answer

Hi Joe,

You can display blog posts in Excerpt mode as detailed Blog Posts Macro.

Note there is a bug where excerpt mode strips all formatting, making it hard to read:

Cheers,
Nick Muldoon
Better Blogs for Confluence, Arijea 

Hi Nick,

Thanks for the response, but that is not exactly what I am looking for. As far as I am aware macros are used for page posts only?

The functionally is what I am looking for, but to be able to do that to the blog page. Is there anyway to make the blog do this?

Thanks,

Joe

Sorry, to clarify, you can:

1. create a page
  2. use the blog post macro, with excerpt display
  3. add that page to the sidebar as "Blog"
  4. remove the standard blog link from the sidebar

It is a workaround as you can't change the display of the standard blog post page.

Thanks Joe

Aha, I guess that could work for now.

Any ideas if that bug will ever get fixed? Looks like it has been around for quite a while?

Thanks.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted 6 hours ago in United States

Topic Tuesday: What's your favorite topic?

Good morning All, Our goal is to get you into the habit of while enjoying your favorite morning drink you are checking the NOVA "space" for topics and comments. Your input is really needed and...

25 views 4 0
View post

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you