Odd question, I need to automatically populate a custome field with parrent and child issue name and links?

Jason Galm March 17, 2013

I did the custom field tutorial.

https://developer.atlassian.com/display/JIRADEV/Creating+a+Custom+Field+in+JIRA

Basically my boss wants to sort by parrent and child issues. I figure this will end up being two custom fields that I fill by splitting the Summary Field. What is the best way to do this without the user entering in the data twice.

I figure it is a parrent issue the child issue will just be an empty string.

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
JamieA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 17, 2013

I read a little about it, unfortunatly I can only use first party plugins. Some strange rule I will never understand. I should have mentioned that in the original question.

JamieA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 17, 2013

You mean Atlassian plugins? If you can't use third-party ones or write your own, I don't see how it can be done.

I can write my own and use Attlassian Plugins.

0 votes
Jason Galm March 20, 2013

I explained the problem to my boss and he told me to get it working with Sript Runner and he will see about getting permission to use the plugin. I told him as an admin he going to have fun with it.

0 votes
Jacques
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 17, 2013

hi Jason,

When you need to sort on 2 fields, you can easily do so in the JQL language, where you, as in SQL, mention the sort option:

project = "ProjectName" order by cf[001] asc, cf[002] asc

where cf[001] is the name of your parent issue and [cf002] is the name of your child issue.

hope this helps,

Jacques.

Thank you, that makes sense for the sorting, but how do I populate the fields?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events