Number of recent projects in project dropdown list

win bolton June 14, 2012

How can I configure the Number of recent projects in project dropdown list. It is currently set at 5. I see how you can change the number of recent issues, etc via jira-config.properties, but nothing on projects. I dont see an editable option in jpm.xml either.

6 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Thomas Heidenreich
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 29, 2013

Seems this is currently not planned - see https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRA-26012

0 votes
Donald D Aingworth III June 11, 2021

I just noticed that if you star the sprints, they show up in the dropdown for me.

0 votes
Greg Johnson August 26, 2016

We'd also like to see this.  There is space taken up by "Software projects" and "Business projects" that is, for us, wasted as well.

Eduardo Rey June 24, 2020

We would also like to have this feature as it might confuse a user that a certain project does not exist because it does not appear on this list

0 votes
Tayyab Bashir
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 21, 2016

Hi, 
Is there any update on this? 
How can I achieve this functionality?

I know its currently not planned by Atlassian, but is there no other way at all I could do this? 
Through a plugin maybe? 
The recent menu is a web section, right? So i figure if we could access that and add 5 more web-items that can fetch the recent projects? But unfortunately, I dont know how to achieve this.

I've also looked at the .Class files, (decompressed them), it can't be changed from the source code.

Awaiting response.  

0 votes
Tayyab Bashir
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 21, 2016

Hi, 
Is there any update on this?
How can I achieve this functionality?

I know its currently not planned by Atlassian, but is there no other way at all I could do this?
Through a plugin maybe?
The recent menu is a web section, right? So i figure if we could access that and add 5 more web-items that can fetch the recent projects? But unfortunately, I dont know how to achieve this.

I've also looked at the .Class files, (decompressed them), it can't be changed from the source code.

Awaiting response.  

0 votes
Thomas Heidenreich
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 11, 2012

I couldn't find any option for that either, but the answer would greatly interest me too!

Suggest an answer