Notification emails suddenly stopped

Dan Putt April 24, 2012

It seems that suddenly we are not getting any notification emails. This includes ticket creation, updates, and closures. I've used the "Send email" tool to send an test email to a group and this works fine but nothing else seems to be working.

I have not W have not changed the default notification scheme lately, and it is still applied to all of our projects.

If I knew of anything else to check or do i would, but at this point I'm just looking for a little direction.

Thanks

4 answers

1 vote
Michael Knight
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 30, 2012

Assuming the problem is not with the notification scheme, please check your profile settings (https://<hostname>/secure/ViewProfile.jspa), and under "Preferences" verify that the "My Changes" option is set to "Notify me".

Andy Grimm April 30, 2012

Of course!! I had completely forgotten about that setting, and I kept testing with actions that only would have sent email to myself (didn't want to spam my coworkers). Thanks!

1 vote
Fraser Hess April 24, 2012

Have you looked at the Mail Queue to see if emails queued up?

https://yourjira.com/secure/admin/MailQueueAdmin!default.jspa

Dan Putt April 24, 2012

I have. The queue shows nothing there. I even did a "Flush" to make sure that the that, perhaps, the count was off but something may be stuck. No luck at all.

Erik Johansson April 24, 2012

I have the same problem, not getting notification emails but my mail queue is empty.

0 votes
Hunter Pine April 30, 2012

I'm having the same issues, but it's inconsistant. Some emails appear to send, such as the test, but others don't, even though the workflow and notification schemes have not changed.

0 votes
Ramiro Pointis
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 24, 2012

Hi Dan, you could check the solution that was given in this other answer. It was about the same problem.

Dan Putt April 24, 2012

Sadly that is not it. We've had these projects set up for months and have been receiving emails, until recently. The default notification scheme has been unedited and added each project but we are not getting emails any longer

Ramiro Pointis
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 24, 2012

Have you tried to send the test mail?

Dan Putt April 25, 2012

Yes. that is exactly where I sent my email to a group from. It was successful.

Ramiro Pointis
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 25, 2012

In the section where you can see the Mail Queue there's a tab called 'Send Email' where you can send a mail to the users. This is often used like a 'Test Mail', is there where you send the mail you indicated?

Dan Putt April 25, 2012

I've gone in and sent and email to a group, and that was successful. Is that what you mean?

Ramiro Pointis
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 25, 2012

Good news, at least we know it isn't a Jira server problem. Now, it could be two things I think.

One, maybe there was a change in the notification scheme that you weren't aware of.

Two, maybe there were changes on the Workflow. You could check if you are using the same workflow and workflow scheme as always. If no one changed that you could check inside the workflow you are using if there were changes on any 'Event fire' on the Post-Functions of the transitions.

Andy Grimm April 30, 2012

I seem to be experiencing the same problem with Atlassian OnDemand. I've tried with the default notification scheme, and also with a simple notification scheme which does nothing but email the reporter when an issue is created. I've checked our spam filtering (using google apps + postini), and no messages are getting caught there.

Suggest an answer